So I am trying to start blogging. I have been trying to start blogging for a while now, but I could never seem to figure out a good theme. I wanted to write about our lives these days but felt it may turn into a place for me to rant about my life instead. So I waited for inspiration. I watched Julie and Julia a while back and thought about how cool it would be to cook my way through a cookbook. Remembering how many mouths I will be feeding in the coming months and the feasibility of my plan, I took it upon myself to shoot down that idea without further mention. So today it hit me, I'll write about my own cooking adventures through these next few months since I think it will prove to be quite the humorous challenge. Food makes people happy, so naturally a blog about my cooking would be the best of both worlds.
Well, here it goes.
Tonight we made steak. My husband is a damn good grill tender. He grilled up some fabulous steaks for his fathers day dinner. K went to the neighbors house for pizza with her friend so we actually got some peace and quiet during dinner! I love her to death, but that girl can talk a deaf person's ear off. ;) While J manned the grill, I made some cauliflower with cheddar cheese and one of those pasta sides that all seem to taste just a wee bit different. I must say the cauliflower was a nice change of pace. It is so hard to get good produce on base! The farmers market around here should be kicking into high gear here in the coming weeks so I will try to buy some fresh local produce here soon. At least I got a relief from canned or frozen veggies for one night. It seemed so much easier to get good produce back home. I love the commissary with all my heart, but the produce just makes me sad. I don't think I could give up the deals nor could I think about the amount of work it would be to drag 2 kids to 2 grocery stores by myself. I need a glass of wine just thinking about it! Anyways, I'm thinking about spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a good jump on things in the morning so I can let them cook all day. I really would like to get K to help but she tries to sneak tastes of cookie dough when I'm not looking, so I worry that she may be tempted to see what a little raw ground meat tastes like. Really, salmonella is the last thing I need running its nasty little self through my house these days! I'll see if she wakes up with her diva face on and reassess in the morning.
Hope it wasn't too much of a bomb for an opener! Thank you all for sticking with me :) Hopefully I can keep the momentum going. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there and a big huge happy father's day to my wonderful husband, you're the best! Love you baby!!
Shipping without leaving the house
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment